Child ID Services
ADOT Recommends the Child ID, Available to ALL Ages, Protects Against Identity Theft, Assists the Amber Alert Process
- The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) recommends Child IDs.
- An Arizona ID with photo allows Law Enforcement Agencies to rapidly distribute your child’s information and photograph in the event that a Amber Alert is issued.
- Up to 2,000 children are reported missing every day (ADOT).
- Protects your child against identity theft.
- It can make it easier for your child to travel, enroll in school or activities.
- The ID may expedite the process of getting a Drivers License in the future.
- According to the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT): “The identification card is available to all ages (including infants)…
- Simply put, it is an addition tool to protect our children and provide peace of mind.
You will need to bring your child to our office, where you will fill out paperwork and present the necessary forms of identification. After your child’s photo is taken, you will receive a temporary ID before you leave our office.
Please see the full list of acceptable forms of identification. ADOT Identification Requirements [PDF Download]
You’ll also want to remember that a new photo will be needed as your child grows and changes.