Driver License Services
DRIVER LICENSE SERVICES AT ARIZONA AUTO LICENSE SERVICE
Arizona Auto License Service performs all functions to issue your Driver License.
No Appointment is necessary for any service at AZ AUTO
- Eye Exams for Driver Licenses, Instruction Permits, and Renewals
- Written & Verbal Tests
- Driving ROAD TESTS
- Voluntary Travel ID or Drivers License with Gold Star
- Driver License Renewals (Eye Exam is required at 65 years of age and every 5 years after)
- Driver License Reinstatements
- Driver License Replacements
- Name Changes
- Commercial License Duplicates, Address Change, and Medical Certification Update. No other Commercial driver license services are available.
- Onsite Picture Taking – we make sure you are happy with your picture.
- Arizona ID’s (Identification Card for all ages)
Simply check the link on required Identification credentials to make sure you are bringing in the correct information and credential documents. We will do the rest.
- ADOT Drivers Service FAQs
- ADOT Non-Travel Identification Requirements
- ADOT Voluntary Travel ID Requirements
- Travel ID Guide
Non-Travel Driver License
Arizona Voluntary Travel ID
New Driver License and ID Card Requirements required as of May 2025
You will need a Travel ID endorsement to use your Arizona Driver License or Identification Card at TSA security checkpoints as well as access restricted areas in federal facilities, nuclear power plants and military facilities. A Travel ID has the Gold Star in the upper right corner.
AZ AUTO offers the same services as ADOT Motor Vehicle Services.
Required Documents List
Categories of identification documents are listed below with examples of qualifying documents.
- Bring One Document: Proof of Identity (Original or Certified Birth certificate; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Passport Card)
If you need a certified copy of an Arizona birth certificate, the Arizona Department of Health Services now accepts online orders with expedited
- Social Security Number (No document is required; it is now verified using the National database.)
To order a replacement Social Security card visit the Social Security Administration website and establish an account.
- Bring Two Documents: Proof of Arizona Residency– two printed documents with your current Arizona residential address (Utility bills; Credit Card / Bank statements; insurance policy)
- Note: A physical residential address is required, a PO Box may be added for mailing use only.
- Note: If your current legal name is different from the one shown on a document, you must show legal proof of name change, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order.
Those who don’t have the required residency documents must complete an Arizona Residency Affidavit and supply additional proof of
Why do I need a Travel ID as of May 2025?
The Arizona Travel ID is the credential that complies with the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. It is available as both a driver’s license and identification card. There is a gold star embedded in the card to show that the cardholder has provided added proof of identification to ensure the license or ID meets strict federal requirements.
For more information on the REAL ID Act, please visit the Department of Homeland Security website.
Note: Rules for international travel are unchanged, and a valid passport or equivalent will be required to travel outside the United States.
Practice Drivers Licenses Tests
- Practice Test #1
- Practice Test #2
- Practice Test #3
- Practice Test #1 – Spanish
- Practice Test #2 – Spanish
- AZ AUTO will take a picture, complete the form, administer the Written Test, and issue the Instruction Permit.
- An Instruction Permit is required for 6 months for drivers under 18, prior to the Road Test, and issuing Driver License
- Under 18 Instruction Permit applications will require a legal guardian(s) signature on application and to be present to sign and authorize.
NOTE: At this time, Permit Test @ Home is offered only to teenagers under 18.
Did you know? …You Can Permit Test @ Home Now…
Teenage Arizona drivers who need to take the written driver test to get an Instruction Permit can now take that test online with appropriate supervision. You will need to come to AZ AUTO to have the Permit issued after testing with the correct documents.
18 and over will need to take the Written Test in person to qualify for a Drivers License, and there is no extra cost.
Permit Test @ Home is available for parents or legal guardians to administer after setting up their free, personalized account on MVD’s new portal, AZ MVD Now.
Once the account is established, parents or legal guardians can log into AZ MVD Now and follow instructions for supervising the Permit Test @ Home. It is recommended that teens study the Arizona Driver Manual and take the online practice tests before attempting the Permit Test @ Home.
- If a road test is required, you will drive a test route that has a variety of traffic situations. An AZ AUTO examiner will ride with you in your vehicle and give you directions to follow. You will be observed and graded on specific actions and on your general ability to operate the vehicle safely. Road tests may be suspended due to extreme weather or unsafe conditions.
- Paper copies of the Insurance Card and Registration are required.
- The vehicle will require a safety test completed by the AZ AUTO examiner.
Note: A parent or legal guardian will be required to accompany a teen driver under 18 who is applying for a driver license. No passengers are allowed during any Road Test.