contact us today

Arizona Auto License Services is a third party motor vehicle center that offers several automotive services for drivers. At Arizona Auto License Services, drivers can receive title transfers, auto insurance quotes and license plates. Here are some common questions about our Arizona auto license services:

Do you provide title transfers?

Yes, we provide auto title transfers for all vehicles. Most title transfers are free, however, a small convenience fee may apply.

Do you offer auto insurance quotes?

At Arizona Auto License Services, we understand how important it is to have proper auto insurance. We can provide you with free quotes for your vehicle!

Can you verify insurance?

Yes, we can determine whether or not your vehicle has proper insurance.

What documents do I need to transfer a title?

To transfer a title, we will need the signed and notarized title, lien release and any other documents that may apply, such as a power of attorney.

What documents do I need for the title and registration of an out-of-state vehicle?

To receive a title and registration for an out-of-state vehicle, you will need the out-of-state title, emission compliance form, lien clearance and power of attorney.

What should I do when I sell a car?

Remove the license plates immediately after you sell a car. Sign the back of the title and give it to the new owner. Complete a sold notice at Arizona Auto License Services.

Do you provide duplicates at your store?

Yes, we provide drivers with duplicate titles, licenses, registrations and IDs.

Early Renewal

If an emission test is not required you may renew up to six months before the expiration. If an emissions test is required, you may renew your registration up to three months before the expiration by showing your current registration.

Plate and Owner

A new Arizona law provides that a license plate is now assigned to the vehicle owner, instead of the vehicle.
•         Plate stays with owner when vehicle is sold
•         Get credit for remaining fees
•         Transfer plate and fees to another vehicle (with an expired registration)
•         Credit reduces each month if not used
•         Surrender plates if not going to be used

Emissions Test Results

Emissions test results are immediately sent electronically to MVD, it is not necessary to wait after completing your emissions test before renewing online or by phone

Vehicle Insurance

Arizona requires that every motor vehicle operated on the roadways be covered by one of the legal forms of financial responsibility, more commonly called liability insurance, through a company that is authorized to do business in Arizona. Our stores will be able to help you get affordable insurance quotes from authorized insurance companies. This includes golf carts, motorcycles and mopeds.
Minimum levels of financial responsibility are:
•    $15,000 bodily injury liability for one person and $30,000 for two or more persons
•    $10,000 property damage liability
Law enforcement officers will ask you for proof of insurance at the time of traffic stops or accidents. Insurance companies are required to notify the MVD of all policy cancellations, non-renewals, and new policies. We can help you get necessary insurance as required by Arizona Law.
Failure to maintain proper insurance could lead to the suspension of your vehicle registration and/or driver license. To reinstate these privileges, fees and future proof of financial responsibility must be filed, our stores will take care of that for you. The future proof requirement is most commonly an SR22 form from an insurance company we can provide you with quotes and help you get insured.  The law requires the owner to carry the SR22 form for three years from the date of suspension.

Proof of Ownership

Your out-of-state title and registration must be surrendered at the time of application for Arizona title and registration. When a loan has been recorded against the vehicle and the title is being held by a lender in another state, the registration is still needed, although the title may not be required.

I am not an Arizona resident, but I bought a car from an Arizona dealer. Is there a permit I can purchase to drive this unregistered vehicle to my home state?

You can purchase a 90 Day Nonresident Registration at our store. You will be required to show your out-of-state identification and the dealer invoice or assigned title.

How do I renew a disability placard?

A renewal notice form is automatically sent to you prior to the end of the five year certification period for a permanent disability placard. You may also complete a Permanent Disability Certificate, form at our store and we will notarize it for you.


What type of identification do I need to purchase a policy?

In or Out of State License,   International or Mexico License, Matricula Consular, Voter Id Cards are all accepted.

What factors determine my rate?

Your age, marital status, zip code and driving record all impact your rate.

What limits does the state of Arizona require me to carry?

  • The state requires you to have liability limits of 15/30/10
  • What that means is that if you cause an accident, the maximum coverage for any one person that you injure would be $15,000 and the maximum amount for all injuries to all people combined is $30,000. Lastly, you have a maximum of $10,000 for any damage you do to the property of others.
  • The state minimum limits are not always enough coverage for all the damages and/or injuries that you cause in an accident.
  • We also strongly recommend that you carry additional coverages such as uninsured and underinsured.  Usually for a few dollars more a month you can better protect yourself and your assets.

What is an SR22?

This is a financial responsibility form you must carry on your insurance policy if you have been caught driving your vehicle without insurance on it or if you have had a major violation. The only difference between a policy with an SR22 and one without one is that the state is immediately notified if your policy is canceled for any reason. There is usually a very nominal fee to carry the SR22 each term of your policy.

What is a Non-Owners policy?

Sometimes if your license has been suspended the state of Arizona may require that you carry insurance even if you don't own a vehicle. In this case, you would need to purchase a non owner's policy. This policy would cover you on any vehicle that you drove as long as you don't own that vehicle or have regular access to it.


For more information, please contact Arizona Auto License Services today.


First Name




Years of Continuous Insurance






Current Policy with

Number Of Drivers  

Number Of Vehicles

Get Insta Quote

Tell A Friend

Your Name

Your Email

Friend Email