frequently asked questions

Identification Cards (ID) and Driver Licenses (DL)

The Arizona Travel ID is the credential that complies with the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. It is available as both a driver’s license and identification card. There is a star embedded in the card to show that the cardholder has provided added proof of identification to ensure the license or ID meets strict federal requirements. Beginning May 7, 2025, every state and territory resident will need to present a REAL ID compliant license/ID, or another acceptable form of identification, for accessing federal facilities and boarding commercial aircraft. For more information visit https://dhs.gov/real-id/real-id-faqs

Yes, we issue the travel credential.

If you are a United States citizen you need a certified copy of your US Birth certificate or valid US Passport and know your social security number OR have a certified copy of your US Birth certificate and one proof of address and know your social security number. Click link for a full list of identification requirements https://apps.azdot.gov/files/mvd/mvd-forms-lib/96-0155.pdf

 Yes, you can take the permit test for vehicles and motorcycles at any of our locations.

Yes, we offer road tests with or without an appointment.

Yes, you can renew your driver license at any of our locations.

Once you have completed all the requirements necessary for your reinstatement, we can reinstate your driver license and/or driving privileges. If you have any questions regarding the requirements to reinstate your driver license and/or driving privileges, come in to one of our convenient locations and one of our processors will be happy to help you.

Yes, you can have your picture updates at any of our locations.

No, appointments are not necessary.

Additional License Information FAQ – License Information FAQ | ADOT (azdot.gov)

Title and Registration Services

You need to bring in the title, your ID/driver license and have passed an emissions test (if applicable). To see your vehicle’s emissions history, visit

If you are selling your vehicle to an Arizona resident you may use a notarized Title Transfer Bill of Sale Form in place of a title. We can fill out your form and notarized at any of our locations.

You can check the status of your vehicle’s emission history by visiting

If the deceased person’s estate is worth less than $75,000, and 30 days has lapsed since death, you can stop by any of our locations and we can assist you in transferring the vehicle’s title.

If you are eligible we can issue one.

Yes. If you are the registered owner, you only need to bring in your ID/driver license. If you are not the registered owner but have the same last name and the same address, you need your ID/license and the license plate number or VIN number of the vehicle.

You can file a sold notice which will remove your ownership of the vehicle in the ADOT system.

We do Level I Inspections including homemade trailers. Level II/III Inspections must be performed at an MVD state office. To schedule Level II/III Inspections with an ADOT office click here.

To qualify for an Out-of-State Exemption your vehicle must be out of state prior to your registration expiration. To apply for an exemption, visit https://my.azdeq.gov/oos-exemption/landing

No, appointments are not necessary but are recommended. To schedule your appointment click here.

Additional ADOT Title and Registration FAQs Title and Registration FAQ | ADOT (azdot.gov)

Translate »